Registered Nurse/ RN
The Registered Nurse will perform a variety of duties to ensure that quality nursing care is provided and maintain an atmosphere allowing for the privacy, dignity and well-being of patients and staff. The position of Registered Nurse will assist the CA/Director of Imaging in assigned clinics, staffing, and compliance needs as directed.
* Adheres to company time, attendance, tardiness guidelines, and dress code policy w/ name badge
* Maintains work area in a clean and orderly condition ensuring it is properly supplied for procedures
* Follows all equipment and safety guidelines; is responsible for knowledgeable use and care of equipment
* Attends in-services, facility and company meetings/classes as required
* Completes job related required courses/modules in a timely manner
* Acknowledges need for frequent travel to multiple centers and willingly complies as assigned
* Performs pertinent duties in the best interest of patients, personnel and the facility as assigned
* Uses Standard Universal Precautions, appropriate hand hygiene, personal protective equipment, and safe practices to ensure personal safety and a safe environment
* Interacts appropriately and effectively with all patients/physicians/staff regardless of age or ethnicity
* Communicates effectively and courteously with visitors, physicians, and their office staffs, patients, and employees. Maintains patient, physician, and employee privacy and confidentiality per policy
* Knowledgeable of company policy and procedures, vision, mission, and business philosophy of the Company
* Assists with environmental hazard and infection control surveillance, participates in emergency preparedness drills. Ensure the daily/weekly center cleaning, inventory, and preparation is maintained in accordance with established guidelines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Ensures that physician orders are followed for all patients
* Delegate duties to assistive personnel: Medical Assistant, Surgical Technologist ,
and Front Desk Coordinators
* RN will complete pre procedure nursing assessment of each patient to include: diagnosis, planned procedure, vital signs, NPO status, allergies, medications, medical and surgical history and confirm understanding of discharge instructions
* RN will evaluate results of pre procedure labs as directed.
* RN will perform venipuncture using aseptic technique and local injection to access vein for saline lock and/or intravenous fluids
* Review chart for all appropriate signatures and orders prior to sedation and procedure
* Applies knowledge, skill, and judgment in providing patient care
* Demonstrates understanding of pain management and procedures and able to instruct the patients and/or families to decrease anxiety
* Promotes and participates in providing accurate recording of medications and treatments given to patients. Records the outcome of treatments ordered
* Post anesthesia nursing practice includes systematic continuous assessment of the patient’s condition. RN will ensure that data is collected, documented, and communicated
* Continuously measures patient progress toward designated outcomes and revises plan of care and interventions as necessary
* Reports significant observations and information to the Anesthesiologist/CRNA
* Assesses the patient response immediately post operatively, reports pertinent information performs appropriate interventions and evaluates patient outcomes.
* Promotes the improvement of nursing care within the department
* Assist, if designated, with reviewing monthly/daily logs for compliance
* Monitor physician schedules daily and weekly
* Discuss needs and supplies including delivery with CA/Director of Imaging for the projected schedules
* Review staffing pattern and request additional needs to the CA/Director of Imaging
* Understands and promotes acceptance of established objectives, policies, and procedures
* Assists in maintaining a stock of supplies and equipment for the procedure center units.
* Promotes proper utilization of them
* Responsible for timely verification and receiving of supplies used in the clinic and transfers as needed or directed
* Enters and submit weekly orders for processing
* Maintains unit drugs and reorders as needed. Observes for expired stock.
* Maintains Emergency Cart, equipment and drugs
* Evaluates and participate in performance reviews, time and attendance of assigned co-workers, reporting concerns or needs for improvement to the Nurse Manager.
* Follows the chain of command; communicating reportable situations to the appropriate personnel in a timely manner. Maintains confidentiality of management information, displays discretion and good judgment in communication methods;
* Assists in the orientation of new employees in all areas
* Ability to accept counseling from direct supervisor in a positive manner. Displays an ability and desire to initiate corrective action;
* Becomes familiar with the center’s FIRE, SAFETY, DISASTER and TRANSFER Plan, and his/her role in the event of each;
* May be assigned to conduct quarterly Fire, CPR and Disaster drills.
* Ensures timely completion of variance reports for all situations and submits to the CA/Director of Imaging
* Cost effective in materials management: Including daily charges, receiving and transfer of supplies.
* Completes and report monthly inventory for assigned centers to the clinic administrator
* Reports and removes faulty equipment from service
Qualifications / Education
* Current Texas Board of Nursing RN License
* Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing
* Current American Heart Association BLS for Healthcare Workers certification
* Current ACLS certification (or within six months of date of hire)
* Minimum one year previous nursing experience in PACU, ICU, ER, or Outpatient Surgery
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
* Excellent organizational skills;
* Ability to assess strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, and approaches to problems;
* Professional demeanor and appearance is required;* Bilingual (English/Spanish) is a plus.
Other Skills and Abilities
* Adequate clinical knowledge and skills to plan, evaluate, and perform the quality of nursing care that will meet the standards of nursing established by the pain center.
* Cognizant of established safety regulations;
* Knowledgeable in the techniques to prevent the spread of disease and an awareness that the job may require contact with a communicable disease;
* Knowledge of emergency equipment/drugs with the ability to react promptly and professionally in any situation.
While performing the duties of this job:
* Must be able to stand, walk, or sit for extended periods of time
* Must be able to squat, kneel, bend and reach frequently
* May occasionally be exposed to dust, fumes, gases, and radiation or laser hazards
* Will be near moving equipment frequently
* Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds and carry up to 35 pounds frequently
* Must be able to push or pull up to 50 pounds frequently and up to 100 pounds occasionally
* Must be able to use power grip with either hand
* May perform tasks that involve exposure to blood, body fluids or tissues
* May be required to wear radiation shielding for extended periods
* Must be able to see, hear and speak