Registered Nurse/ RN
The Registered Nurse will perform a variety of duties to ensure that quality nursing care is provided and maintain an atmosphere allowing for the privacy, dignity and well-being of patients and staff. The position of Registered Nurse will assist the CA/Director of Imaging in assigned clinics, staffing, and compliance needs as directed.
Benefit eligible employees have access to medical, dental, visions, 401 (k) and other voluntary insurance. Eligibility is based on hours worked.
* Adheres to company time, attendance, tardiness guidelines, and dress code policy w/ name badge
* Maintains work area in a clean and orderly condition ensuring it is properly supplied for procedures
* Follows all equipment and safety guidelines; is responsible for knowledgeable use and care of equipment
* Attends in-services, facility and company meetings/classes as required
* Completes job related required courses/modules in a timely manner
* Acknowledges need for frequent travel to multiple centers and willingly complies as assigned
* Performs pertinent duties in the best interest of patients, personnel and the facility as assigned
* Uses Standard Universal Precautions, appropriate hand hygiene, personal protective equipment, and safe practices to ensure personal safety and a safe environment
* Interacts appropriately and effectively with all patients/physicians/staff regardless of age or ethnicity
* Communicates effectively and courteously with visitors, physicians, and their office staffs, patients, and employees. Maintains patient, physician, and employee privacy and confidentiality per policy
* Knowledgeable of company policy and procedures, vision, mission, and business philosophy of the Company
* Assists with environmental hazard and infection control surveillance, participates in emergency preparedness drills. Ensure the daily/weekly center cleaning, inventory, and preparation is maintained in accordance with established guidelines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Ensures that physician orders are followed for all patients
* Delegate duties to assistive personnel: Medical Assistant, Surgical Technologist ,
and Front Desk Coordinators
* RN will complete pre procedure nursing assessment of each patient to include: diagnosis, planned procedure, vital signs, NPO status, allergies, medications, medical and surgical history and confirm understanding of discharge instructions
* RN will evaluate results of pre procedure labs as directed.
* RN will perform venipuncture using aseptic technique and local injection to access vein for saline lock and/or intravenous fluids
* Review chart for all appropriate signatures and orders prior to sedation and procedure
* Applies knowledge, skill, and judgment in providing patient care
* Demonstrates understanding of pain management and procedures and able to instruct the patients and/or families to decrease anxiety
* Promotes and participates in providing accurate recording of medications and treatments given to patients. Records the outcome of treatments ordered
* Post anesthesia nursing practice includes systematic continuous assessment of the patient’s condition. RN will ensure that data is collected, documented, and communicated
* Continuously measures patient progress toward designated outcomes and revises plan of care and interventions as necessary
* Reports significant observations and information to the Anesthesiologist/CRNA
* Assesses the patient response immediately post operatively, reports pertinent information performs appropriate interventions and evaluates patient outcomes.
* Promotes the improvement of nursing care within the department
* Assist, if designated, with reviewing monthly/daily logs for compliance
* Monitor physician schedules daily and weekly
* Discuss needs and supplies including delivery with CA/Director of Imaging for the projected schedules
* Review staffing pattern and request additional needs to the CA/Director of Imaging
* Understands and promotes acceptance of established objectives, policies, and procedures
* Assists in maintaining a stock of supplies and equipment for the procedure center units.
* Promotes proper utilization of them
* Responsible for timely verification and receiving of supplies used in the clinic and transfers as needed or directed
* Enters and submit weekly orders for processing
* Maintains unit drugs and reorders as needed. Observes for expired stock.
* Maintains Emergency Cart, equipment and drugs
* Evaluates and participate in performance reviews, time and attendance of assigned co-workers, reporting concerns or needs for improvement to the Nurse Manager.
* Follows the chain of command; communicating reportable situations to the appropriate personnel in a timely manner. Maintains confidentiality of management information, displays discretion and good judgment in communication methods;
* Assists in the orientation of new employees in all areas
* Ability to accept counseling from direct supervisor in a positive manner. Displays an ability and desire to initiate corrective action;
* Becomes familiar with the center’s FIRE, SAFETY, DISASTER and TRANSFER Plan, and his/her role in the event of each;
* May be assigned to conduct quarterly Fire, CPR and Disaster drills.
* Ensures timely completion of variance reports for all situations and submits to the CA/Director of Imaging
* Cost effective in materials management: Including daily charges, receiving and transfer of supplies.
* Completes and report monthly inventory for assigned centers to the clinic administrator
* Reports and removes faulty equipment from service
Qualifications / Education
* Current Texas Board of Nursing RN License
* Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing
* Current American Heart Association BLS for Healthcare Workers certification
* Current ACLS certification (or within six months of date of hire)
* Minimum one year previous nursing experience in PACU, ICU, ER, or Outpatient Surgery
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
* Excellent organizational skills;
* Ability to assess strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, and approaches to problems;
* Professional demeanor and appearance is required;* Bilingual (English/Spanish) is a plus.
Other Skills and Abilities
* Adequate clinical knowledge and skills to plan, evaluate, and perform the quality of nursing care that will meet the standards of nursing established by the pain center.
* Cognizant of established safety regulations;
* Knowledgeable in the techniques to prevent the spread of disease and an awareness that the job may require contact with a communicable disease;
* Knowledge of emergency equipment/drugs with the ability to react promptly and professionally in any situation.
While performing the duties of this job:
* Must be able to stand, walk, or sit for extended periods of time
* Must be able to squat, kneel, bend and reach frequently
* May occasionally be exposed to dust, fumes, gases, and radiation or laser hazards
* Will be near moving equipment frequently
* Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds and carry up to 35 pounds frequently
* Must be able to push or pull up to 50 pounds frequently and up to 100 pounds occasionally
* Must be able to use power grip with either hand
* May perform tasks that involve exposure to blood, body fluids or tissues
* May be required to wear radiation shielding for extended periods
* Must be able to see, hear and speak